The Downtown Lakeland Partnership made the change to the July 7 event in anticipation of wet weather. In doing so, organizers realize they have virtually guaranteed it will be a beautiful, rain-free event.
Nevertheless, First Friday will take place rain or shine 6-9 p.m. Open streets mean lots of free, on-street parking opportunities for attendees.
Many of Downtown Lakeland’s shops, salons and spas will offer refreshments and light fare during the event, and live music will be provided by Lkld Live. The Classy Car Show and exhibitors won’t be part of this month’s festivities, but there will be plenty of fun for the entire family.
Here are some activities, sales and specials taking place that night:
- Stationery Loft– Free monograming for featured 17-month agendas by Lilly Pulitzer, Kate Spade, Rifle Paper, Mary Square, Moleskine, Midori Traveler’s Notebooks, Sweet Caroline and more.
- Bella Viságe Medical Rejuvenation– Enjoy wine and cheese. All booked services will get a free Image skin product.
- Amelia Paige Boutique– Check out our newest summer collection. Take a picture in front of our store and tag us on Facebook to get 10 percent off your purchase that night. We’ll be serving sweet treats, too!
- Two Hens & A Hound– Stop by and browse the display of personalized gifts available for you.
- Brooke Pottery– Stop in for wine and cheese samples, as well as juice and cookies. Select items are 75 percent off. There will be a scrabble game set up where attendees can play to win a prize.
- Got Candy & More– Drop by for a unicorn milkshake for $6.99.
- Scout & Tag with Rafa Natural– Grab a glass of wine while you shop. Pre-Order from our newest selection of Lakeland made little remi swaddling blankets and grab a few bars of our newest “Old Florida” soap.
- Mitchells Coffee House– Meet artist Alison LaMons during a reception from 6-8 p.m. Alison’s artwork will be on exhibit and available for sale through Aug. 2.
- Traditions Unlimited– A cornhole game will be set up for First Friday goers to have a tossing good time.
- Focus Realty Group– Come by our brick and mortar location at Keller Williams, 218 E. Pine St., for some amazing Lakeland BBQ, a free appraisal, a free title search and enter to win a flat screen TV.
When First Friday was created, businesses stayed open late, but streets remained open. Through the years, the event grew into a larger celebration that includes exhibitors, live music and theatre performances, children’s activities and more.
Be sure to snap a photo of yourself, your friends and your family members while you’re out and about on July 7 and use #FlashbackFirstFriday.
We will update this post as we gather additional details about offers at various downtown businesses.