Submit original poster artwork in keeping with the 2017 theme, Pirates on the Promenade, for the 2017 BIG Event on Saturday, Nov. 11, 4-10 p.m. The winner receives a $350 cash award and recognition at the event.
The winning artwork design will be featured on the official BIG Event 2017 posters, and printed, signed and numbered editions will be available for purchase at the event.
The Watson Clinic Poster Contest is open to Polk County residents of all ages. The entry must be a two-dimensional drawing, photo, painting or digital file (.jpg or png) no larger than 11 inches by 17 inches, and must be in portrait orientation.
Send entries to: Lakeland Chamber of Commerce, c/o Watson Clinic BIG Event Poster Contest, 35 Lake Morton Dr., Lakeland, FL 33801.
The deadline for submitting entries is Sept. 25 at midnight. The winner will be notified Oct. 2.
For complete rules and regulations, please visit our event listing at http://business.lakelandchamber.com/events/details/big-event-lakeland-pirates-on-the-promenade-5031, or at https://goo.gl/XjWGJ4
What is the BIG Event?
The Lakeland Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with InnerAct Alliance and Big Brothers Big Sisters Polk, present the second annual BIG Event. It is a free music festival featuring local businesses, makers and food. The event kicks off with the Red Ribbon Run Corporate Award and the Watson Clinic Poster Contest Award, immediately followed by a special salute to veterans by Green Construction.
Things to do during the event:
- Relax at the R&R Tent and catch your favorite college football team courtesy of Bank of Central Florida’s Tailgate.
- Explore, learn, shop and eat at the Expo.
- People’s Choice Food Truck “Bites” Challenge by Big Brothers Big Sisters Polk.
- Kids’ Breezeway, courtesy of Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Grab a map at the Highland Homes tent and seek the treasure in our treasure hunt.
- Marvel at the exhibition-style thrills and spills during the water ski shows by the Lakeland Water Ski Club.
- Compete in the Pirates on the Promenade Costume Contest by CPS Investment Advisors.