With 2,850 city sponsored parking spaces, there is ample parking in Downtown Lakeland!
- On-street parking: free every day. The 2-hour limit applies weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Oak Street Lot: 70 spaces are absolutely free with no limits.
- Main Street Garage: free after 5 p.m. and on weekends for Main Street and Cedar Street entrances.
- Most of the permitted parking lots in public areas are unused at night, which provides even more free, convenient parking after 5 p.m.
- Munn Park parking lot is free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Main Street Garage (Cedar St. entrance) is metered parking at 50¢ per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Bay Street Parking Lot is metered at 50¢ per hour weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends.
- Munn Park and Lot D (north of Mitchell’s Coffee House) are metered at $1 per hour weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and free after 5 p.m. and on weekends. The solar powered space meters accept change, cash and credit/debit cards.
A few businesses downtown have private parking lots, and you will be towed if you park in their lots. These include, but are not limited to, Heritage Plaza (on Orange between Tennessee and Kentucky), The Terrace Hotel, and FedEx. Please respect the signs posted in private lots. We don’t want you to be towed!